Allow myself to introduce myself...

Hello and welcome to…well welcome to me. I am a single girl, in my mid-twenties, residing in a city you’ve probably never wanted to go, currently in a job you’d never want to do. I’ve lived in Florida, the supposed sunshine state, my whole life. My procrastination and fear of failing have left me lost in the woods for the majority of my early twenties.

But things are turning around! Sort of. I’m still kind of a lush, still a bit of an attention whore and still completely incapable of having a stable relationship with a man. But really, this career thing is turning around, rising like a Phoenix from the ashes of my ambition.

My post-college slump is coming to an end. Sure, it took me four years to be inspired to be brave enough to chase after something bigger than filing papers and answering phones. But my days as indentured servant to the corporate world are almost over.

This month I will be quitting this dredge of a job, starting cosmetology school (to the detriment of my meritocracy family), working for my sister’s burgeoning new company and keeping the world abreast of how eventually, hopefully I start to figure out this whole being a grown up thing.

And I have a feeling it’s not going to be easy. I have a mouth that is always leading me straight into trouble. I sort of never shut up, which means I am often saying things that should have been left to wander my inner dialogue. I find it almost painful to keep anything a secret. I simply don’t see the point. Throw in a penchant for kissing and you’ve got all the tools necessary for residing in some seriously morally grey territory. A place I’m becoming frightfully comfortable dwelling in.

Don’t get me wrong. I can be rather charming. Some might call it calculating, but I think charming has a better ring to it. When I want something I go after it. Well, go after it, stalk it, destroy it, whatever. And right now I want something more. What specifically, I do not know.

What I do know is life has a way of finding this perfect balance. The good always in stride with the bad, the ugly always tinged with the beautiful and the sad ALWAYS accompanied with an overwhelming amount of funny. This is how I would describe myself and the rest of life really. The love/hate relationship we all keep with ourselves and our lives is what keeps us human. It’s this, the dichotomy of our existence that fascinates me the most.

And the best part is there is no right answer. Which means trial and error (in some cases mostly error) may be the only method with which we have to plow through.

Amidst all this fumbling are the ridiculous daily occurrences of my life that seem to provide my loved ones with endless entertainment, and maybe it can do the same for you. Plus, I can’t afford therapy so the self-reflection will really help me out.

Someone has got to benefit from my mistakes, and so far it certainly hasn’t been me. Plus, with the way my life tends to go, I may need a witness.

Welcome and Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow lovehatemyheels on Twitter

Search This Blog

Categories

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner